This is a VXi EHS Adapter for Polycom IP SoundPoint and VVX desk phones | #VXI-203411 | For Polycom: IP 335, IP 430, IP 450, IP 550, IP 560, IP 650, IP 670, VVX300, VVX500, VVX310, VVX600, VVX400, VVX1500, VVX410.
- Polycom SoundPoint IP300, 301, 500, 501, 600 and 601 do NOT support EHS capability.
- SoundPoint ® IP 320*, IP 321*, IP 330* IP 331* - These will require AND additional cable along with the EHS adapter. The additional cable can be found here.
Software Required on Polyom Phone: SIP software version 3.0 or higher and BootROM 4.1.0 or higher (To check firmware version, select “Menu”, then Status > Platform > Application > Main. Version will appear on the screen and needs to be 3.0.X.XXXX or greater. If you are not running SIP version 3.0 or greater the VEHS-P1 adapter will not work. See your PBX administrator for a firmware upgrade.
How to Setup EHS Adapter
- Attach the VEHS-P1 to the V200.
- Remove the panel from the bottom of the base station (refer to the V200 User Guide for additional information).
- Attach the VEHS-P1 to the bottom of the V200 by carefully inserting the plastic guide pin into the screw-hole socket on the base of the V200, then press together the rear of the V200 base and VEHS-P1 until it snaps into place.
- Insert the color-coded cables from the VEHS-P1 into the corresponding color-coded jacks of the V200 base station; the connectors should ‘snap’ in place when fully inserted.
- Connect the longer VEHS-P1 cable into the AUX port of the phone taking care to align the pins of the cable with the socket of the phone’s AUX port (the AUX port is generally located on the bottom of the phone).
- Connect the Base Jack cord into the V200 base jack port (orange dot on base) and the other end into the Headset port of the phone.
- Set the V200 to work with your phone:
- Mode 2
- Compatibility Switch is set in position “D”
- To optimize audio levels in the V200 do the following steps:Place a test call. While on the call, decrease the V200 headset volume until at a comfortable level and increase the microphone level so that the person on the other end of the line can hear you well. If you hear your voice echoing in the earpiece, decrease the microphone levels slightly to reduce the side-tone feedback.
- On the phone, adjust the volume levels until they are just below half-way.
- Enable "Hookswitch" Settings on the Polycom Phone. Go to Settings > Basic > Preferences > Headset > Hookswitch Mode > select "Jabra EHS"
- Increase the V200 headset volume levels all the way up, until three quick tones are heard in the earpiece.
- On the V200 base station, decrease the microphone volume levels all the way down, until three quick tones are heard in the earpiece.
- If echo persists after adjusting the microphone and volumes level you can enable the "echo cancellation" feature on the Polycom phone. Go to Settings > Basic > Preferences > Headset > Echo Cancelation > select "Enabled"