Plantronics CS540 Wireless Bundle (includes Electronic Remote Answerer)
The Grandstream compatible Plantronics CS540 Bundle is part of the Plantronics CS500 series of Dect headsets. The single ear CS540 has three different wearing styles, a noise-canceling microphone that reduces background noise interruptions, and is one of the lightest DECT wireless headsets on the market at only 21 grams. And never miss another call with the included remote answerer. You'll be notified of calls with a ringtone in the headset allowing you to freely roam the office. You can answer calls by simply pushing a button on the headset.
Plantronics CS540 Wireless Headset Overview
Plantronics legendary CS family is setting a new wireless standard for desk phone communication with the Plantronics CS540. The CS540 is the lightest DECT headset on the market, has a new streamlined design and improved performance all with the same reliability for hands-free productivity that has made the CS family a bestseller for nearly a decade.
The increased range of this Plantronics headset allows for maximum mobility, one-touch controls, energy efficient power management, simple plug-and-talk installation — the CS540 does it all.
Plantronics CS540 Features and Functions:
- Range up to 350 feet away for maximum mobility
- Offers you a choice of three wearing options to match your personal style
- Premium wideband audio quality
- One-touch call answer/end, vol +/-, and mute
- Smart power management system optimizes for range and talk time
- Conference in up to three additional CS500 or Savi headsets for enhanced collaboration
- New headsets can subscribe to a base by simply docking the headset
- Electronic Hook Switch Cable remotely answer/end calls (included)
What's in the Box
- CS540 base
- Grandstream Electronic Remote Answerer
- CS540 headset with pre-installed battery, eartip and earloop
- Fit kit instruction card
- Other size eartip and earloops
- Power supply
- Telephone interface cable
Grandstream Compatible Phones:
- Plantronics CS530 Interactive Video Setup
- Plantronics CS530 Quick Start Guide (2.6 MB PDF)
- Plantronics CS530 Product Datasheet (2.3 MB PDF)
- Plantronics CS530 User Manual (1.2 MB PDF)
- Plantronics Electronic HookSwitch Guide - EHS (7.1 MB PDF)
- Phones require firmware 188.8.131.52 or higher (with Grandstream phones)
- Select the APD-80 EHS by going to Menu > Config > Headset Type > Plantronics EHS
- Use a Part Number 85638-01 adapter to extend the ADP-80 audio input to reach the headset jack on the phone.
Important Information about using Plantronics Headsets with your Grandstream Phone
Microphone Volume Setting
Out of the box the default microphone transmit volume on the Plantronic Earpiece tends to be high for Grandstream phones. This tends to cause echo and feedback. To correct this issue complete the steps below. This steps below may take 5-10 minutes. Once you have completed these steps below and corrected the issue you will not need to adjust the microphone volume again.
Remote Answering with EHS Cables
We have also experienced EHS cables initially not answering remotely, and you need to be at your phone to press the headset button to establish a call. To resolve this issue:
1) Unplug the Plantronic EHS cable from the base charger and telephone.
2) Unplug the power supply from the base charger for 60 seconds.
3) Plug the power supply back into the base and wait for the power indicator lights to come on.
4) Plug the Plantronics EHS cable into the base charger and telephone.
This should resolve the issue of a non-responsive remote answering/disconnect headset.
If don't see your phone model or not sure which headset is compatible with your Grandstream phone contact us via chat, email or call us 703-766-6363 so we can provide you with details for the most suitable headset for your environment.