The Polycom SoundStation2W DECT6.0 # 2200-07880-160 is a wireless conference offers superb voice quality and the freedom to conference anywhere team collaboration is required. This wireless conference phone uses DECT 6.0 technology for maximum voice security and the clearest voice reception.This model offers the same great performance you would expect from a wired Polycom conference phone. You can connect to your cell phone for conference calls from anywhere and to a computer for use with internet phone services.
Polycom Soundstation 2W DECT 6.0 Features:
- Wireless Conference Phone
- DECT 6.0 Technology
- 50% Increase in Mic Sensitivity
- Up To 150' Wireless Range
- Acoustic Clarity Technology
- Digital Spread Spectrum w/ Frequency Hopping
- 64 Bit Voice Encryption
- Dual Diversity Antennas
- Dynamic Noise Reduction
- High Resolution Backlit Graphical LCD
- Mini USB Port
- Three Cardioid Microphones
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC)
- For use with Analog Telephone Lines
Glossary of Techincal Featuress
Acoustic Clarity Technology:
This Polycom patented technology allows you to enjoy instantaneous natural conversation. When paired with a full duplex speakerphone, echo is eliminated and both callers are able to speak simultaneously without experiencing voice dropouts. The voice clarity on conference systems that feature this technology is incredibly crisp and clear.
Dynamic Noise Reduction:
One of Polycom's signature features, Dynamic Noise Reduction (DNR) eliminates the unwanted background noise that plagues more traditional conferencing methods. This technology was first introduced in the 1980's and targeted noise reduction in long distance communications. DNR can cut down clatter by as much as 10 decibels and can be paired with similar systems. The Polycom systems that carry this feature provide the user with optimum microphone sensitivity while removing dynamic noise. DNR can really make a difference when conferencing with client's long distance, the level of professionalism will be much appreciated.
Analog is the original telephone technology, a system that converts air vibrations (like those created by the human voice) into similar electrical frequencies. Analog lines can support phones, fax machines, and modems and are typically found in homes or small office settings. Analog systems measure data in one continuous variable while digital breaks down and manipulates the data. One of the advantages of analog systems is that they dot not require a filter for band-limiting. Several SoundStation models operate on an analog system with features that are specifically designed for day to day communication.
Automatic Gain Control:
This adaptive technology is a standard feature in most electronic devices. Automatic Gain Control (AGC) takes the average output signal level and adjusts the gain to the appropriate level for input signal levels. For example, when a signal is too strong the AGC reduces its volume and when the signal is too weak the AGC increases the volume. In telephones the AGC is most commonly used when a conversation is recorded. The AGC will take the large signal from the local user and the small signal from the long distance user and produce a recording that is well balanced.
All microphones have directional characteristics, which are determined by the way a microphone picks up sounds. Microphones can pick up signals from several directions or from one focused point. A cardioid microphone, the most popular of conferencing systems, picks up sound/signals primarily from the front of the microphone. When the pattern of cardioid sound pickup is graphed the shape resembles that of a heart, hence the name. These microphones focus on the sound in front of them and lessen ambient noise from the back or sides.
- Polycom SoundStation2W DECT 6.0 conference phone
- Polycom Acoustic Clarity™ technology delivers clear, natural conversations
- DECT 6.0 technology for no wireless LAN interference
- Roam up to 150 feet from base station
- Up to 24 hours of talk time
- Added security of voice encryption
- Software upgradeable
- Freedom to conference anywhere–even in rooms where there are no phone lines
- By using DECT 6.0 technology, there is no risk of interference with wireless LANs or other data networks
- The same great performance you would expect from a wired Polycom conference phone
- Connect to your cell phone for conference calls from anywhere
- Connect to a computer for use with Internet phone calls
- Resists interference from mobile phones